Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Mini-Vacation

So, as you know, last weekend, we took a mini-vacation to the beach. We rented a little cottage, did some hiking, and just relaxed. It was a great way to start off my summer break, and I thought I'd share some photos with you guys. :)


These three were on the drive up. The drive wasn't too bad, it took us about three hours to get there. I slept on the way down and on the way back, and read a bunch of my book. :)

Our bedroom....... Me and my little sister shared it for the weekend. :)

         
                The kitchen table....
                 except I never ate at it, because I always ate at the little island. :)

 The island, in the kitchen, and our yummy breakfast buffet.

                                                   The landing at the top of the stairwell.
The living room. It was nice to relax in on that rainy night........................ :)


Then after we put our stuff away in the cottage, we went to the beach. Even though it was windy. :P

 It was still beautiful, although the water was freezing!!!! My little sister was the only one who wanted to get her feet wet. We mostly just walked along on the sand.














I love taking pictures of the waves. :)



More beach views. :)




Just some random pretty flowers we saw while we were walking. :) And one very odd tree. ;P                                              


We also went down to a wharf, and saw this huge sea lion. :O


Then it started raining after dinner, so we didn't do anything else exciting. :'( On Sunday, we went to a place that had over 35 miles of trails. We ended up hiking over 10 miles that day! (Only 7 miles were on trails, the rest was at other places.)



The start of our trail. :)


View from the beginning of our trail.


 More trail views..................




After we'd gotten a ways up the mountain we were hiking on, we could look back and see the ocean. It was such a nice view. <3


There was some meadows too...

I was loving the panoramic setting on my camera when we were taking pictures of the ocean from the trail. :)

It was so, so pretty. :)

Pretty foresty areas...



We went to a few different beaches, and there was some pretty neat rock formations. :)



There was a bunch of cool rocks around the beaches too, so we climbed around on them. :) Climbing on rocks is something we almost always do on beaches. :p


 Lots and lots of wave pictures. :) I love the sound of the ocean.





I love some of these pictures. I'm actually surprised at how well some of them turned out. :o)

                            


We also went into town and visited a little ice cream shop that sold homemade ice cream (which was really delicious!) ...



And we visited a cool hat shop... ;)


This post is getting really long and is starting to take a long time to load, so I'll try to wrap it up with some final pictures... :)


A lighthouse we visited. :)

Surfers! :P












Well, that's my little photo-journal of our vacation. :) I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I know this is going to be super long, so if you made it all the way to the end, congratulations! :P

4 comments:

  1. That looked like fun!!! The pictures were so pretty 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I recognize some of those shots. =) We walked along that pier too. :)

    ReplyDelete