Monday, May 16, 2011

It was a bit odd...

I've been kind of sporadic with posting lately. Once I'm out of school (this Friday, yay!), I'll be sure to post more often. Anyways, I wanted to share this with you.

We had chicken noodle soup tonight for dinner.

Now, I want you to think about something. Whenever you order soup in a restaurant, what do they bring you with it? Oyster crackers. Or at least, that's what they bring you around here. They're tiny, little, pentagon-shaped crackers that you're supposed to sprinkle  on top to add a little crunchy flavor to the soup. :) Anyways. My mom got a big bag of them, and we finally broke open the bag tonight with our chicken noodle soup.

Before, I had always dumped the little bag on top of my soup, and then eaten it, not really paying any attention to how they tasted. Tonight, however, we had a nice little canister full of them, so after I had finished eating my soup, I grabbed a couple more to snack on. :P

As I started eating them, I had an odd realization. They reminded me of something! You know what I'm talking about. You start to eat something, and almost immediately, you think "Wait! What does that taste like? This tastes like something I know. What is it?" I say so, and my mom looks at me as if to say, "They taste like oyster crackers." So, of course, it's on the tip of my tongue (No pun intended), but I just can't place what it is that they taste like. So I eat a few more... and a few more... and a few more. Finally, it came to me.

Oyster crackers taste like those little goldfish crackers, minus the cheesy flavor. I'm serious. They do. If you were to take out the cheesy part of the goldfish crackers, and have just plain goldfish, it would taste just like an oyster cracker.


That's what I discovered during dinner tonight. Yes, it was an odd discovery. And yes, this post was random. But, I challenge you - next time you eat some oyster crackers, think about it. See if you agree. :)


1 comment:

  1. I've never had an oyster cracker...Haha I've always thought they would taste like, well, oysters XD

    I only heard about them by reading a book. :D

    ReplyDelete