Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hot Cocca!

So I promised some of you that I would post this so here ya go! :)

It's springtime now, but it's still cool enough to be able to enjoy these. These are some of my favorite hot chocolate recipes. :] I shouldn't really call them recipes, because they are quite simple. That, and I don't measure anything. :)

Rainy Day Cocoa

1. Make regular hot chocolate, however you like it. For me, that's a cupful of milk, a couple spoonfuls of cocoa powder, and then heating it up for a minute.

2. Add any of the following mix-ins. :)

 ~ A dash of cinnamon for Mexican Hot Cocoa.
 ~ A few drops of vanilla extract.
 ~ A few drops of peppermint extract.

Or mix them together! I love putting vanilla and peppermint together... yum!

3. Top with a cinnamon or peppermint stick, depending on your flavors. Or add marshmellows. :)

Not-So-Hot Hot Chocolate

This is my favorite! <3

1. Make hot chocolate however you normally do (although I suggest using milk if you usually use water), except that when you're heating it, add 30 seconds to your normal heating time.

2. When you've added the cocoa powder and it's all nice and hot, add a small scoop of ice cream to the top! (That's why you had to heat it longer... :p) My favorite flavors are:

~Vanilla
~Mint chocolate chip
~ If you want it really chocolate-y, plain chocolate ice cream!

I also think strawberry would be good, but haven't tried it yet. :)

Toppings

Even if you just make plain hot chocolate, you can still make it special by adding fun toppings, or dipping things in it! Here are some of my favorites:

~ Marshmellows
~Cinnamon or Peppermint Stick
~ Peppermint cookie (like the Girl Scout kind)
~ Whipped cream
~Ice cream
~Nilla Wafers
~ Candy Canes

Those are my best. :) What's your favorite way to make Hot Chocolate?

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love making the frozen ones! Soooooo good.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so good!! I'm making hot chocolate today. Uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! im sitting in Spanish wanting some!!!!!!!!!!!! i will make hot chocolate today becaause of this!

    ReplyDelete