Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I've been waiting to find this recipe for a long time.

A recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough that is meant to be eaten unbaked, with a spoon. Yes, that's right. As in shoveling it into my mouth RAW. I believe that is the best way to enjoy it.

 It's not as though I don't eat raw cookie dough that is meant to be baked, I do. It's just that with an eggless recipe, with a recipe that is meant to be spooned into your mouth with absolutely zero bake time ... well, now I have an excuse. :) I tried a number of different recipes... and this one was the first one I found that actually tasted like cookie dough. In fact, I am beginning to crave it now as I type.

Ingredients:                                                                                     
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (you can use a little less if you're not big on vanilla.)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
water

Directions:

In a medium-large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Then stir in the flour, salt, vanilla and chocolate chips. Add water one tablespoon at a time, stirring between each, until it has reached a cookie dough consistency.
Makes 1.5 - 2 cups of cookie dough.

And that's it! You're done, just like that.

It's almost too simple. Who can resist a big bowl of cookie dough just waiting to be consumed with a giant spoon? You could spread it on graham crackers or pretzels or plop a few chunks into your ice cream (that is really delicious!) ... but I usually don't take the time. I just start scooping it out of the bowl and straight into my mouth. YUM.


*This recipe was first found in Family Fun Magazine.*




No comments:

Post a Comment