Sunday, July 1, 2012

Before I go..

I feel like it would be incomplete for some reason not to write one more post before I take off. So here I am. I am so, so, so excited. :)

It is still hard for me to believe that we'll be leaving for the airport in just one hour. How crazy is that? How did we go from filling out applications, to fundraising and buying plane tickets, to shopping for needed items, to packing, to... to finally being ready to go? Where did the time go? How did this happen?

I'm all dressed in my trip shirt and such, bags packed and waiting. I still feel like I'm a little bit in a dreamlike state. I mean, WOAH! Is it really here already? I feel like I'm just waiting for someone to jump out and pinch me to wake up, to say, "Just a dream, Rachel - It was just a dream." But, no! It's really happening... and I am so excited.

As a random side note, I have decided I do not like late-night flights. Usually whenever I fly somewhere, we get a flight as early in the morning as possible, so it's like, wake up and then go straight to the airport. When it's late at night... well, its just ongoing waiting all. day. long. After I got home from church today, I have been just waiting, waiting, waiting - everything is ready to go, just counting down until it's time to go. I've been getting more and more anxious as it gets closer. ARGH! All of this waiting is driving me nuts. :)

My flight leaves tonight, so please be praying for safety and health, not only for myself, but for everyone on our team.  I'll try to update as much as I can while in Miami and Panama.

Again, thank you so much for your continued support and prayers. :)

Next stop - Miami, Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment