Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cake Batter Pudding Cookies

I found this recipe a few weeks ago through a site called Pinterest. I was a little hesitant to make these cookies at first because I wasn't sure how cake batter, pudding mix, and cookies would all taste mixed together. I am so glad I tried it because the cookies were soft and delicious. :)

Cake Batter Pudding Cookies

  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix (lemon flavored pudding mix tastes good too!)
  • 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • a dash of salt
  • sprinkles
Directions: 

 Preheat the oven to 350F.
 In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda, then set aside.
 In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
 Add in the budding package and cake mix and beat until well - blended.
 Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
 Next, add the flour mixture from the medium bowl slowly until well incorporated.
 Mix in sprinkles to your own liking.
 Roll into approximately 1" balls and place on greased baking sheet. I just used a spoon to make small blobs of dough on the tray, but if you find the dough too sticky to work with, try refrigerating it for 5-10 minutes.
 Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.


From Chef-In-Training
 It is a rare moment where I forget

From Pineapple-Grass
to take a picture of something I've baked,
but this happened to be one of them. I found the picture on the left from the website where I got the recipe from. The one on the right I found in a Google search, but it was more along the lines of what my cookies looked like.


2 comments: