Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Recipe: Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

I love getting the Frozen Strawberry Lemonade at Panera Bread when we go there, so a few days ago, I decided to try and find a recipe to make it myself. I found this one, and it was soo yummy!

Ingredients:

2 cups ice, cubed
1 cup water
1 six ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate
5 large strawberries, hulled

Directions:


Minute Maid Pink Lemonade
 Frozen Concentrate
 Put the ice cubes, water and frozen concentrate into the container of a blender.

We substituted the lemonade concentrate with pink lemonade concentrate. We found that regular lemonade made the slushie drink a bit too tart. The pink lemonade tasted great with it, though! Also, the juice concentrate we used came in a 12-ounce can, so we only needed half of the can.

Process until ice is finely blended. Add strawberries, and puree until well blended.

We ended up adding 8-10 strawberries instead of 5. It's a simple recipe though, and can easily be adjusted. Taste, and experiment until you figure out how you like it!



The finished product! Serves four. I got my recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Frozen-Strawberry-Lemonade/detail.aspx


If you try it, let me know what you think!



2 comments: